cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Thingworx installation

SG_9012314
5-Regular Member

Thingworx installation

i'm installing thinworx with postgreSQL for windows. I follow the guide starting from TOMCAT but as soon as i run tomcat.exe no licence file is crated in the folder that i create in the root C:\ThingworxPlatform.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tdixit
13-Aquamarine
(To:SG_9012314)

Hello @SG_9012314 

Ideally you shouldn't delete the folders first rather you need to run the uninstaller and that would have automatically delete all the folder

But no issues. Now, first you have to make sure all previous ThingWorx folder, services has been completely deleted. You need to create a new Database again.

Then follow the steps as mentioned in the below guide and let me know if it works or not

https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/platform/r9/en/index.html#page/ThingWorx%2FHelp%2FInstallation%2FThingWorxInstallers.html%23

Regards,

Toolika Dixit

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
tdixit
13-Aquamarine

Hi @SG_9012314 

Thank you reaching out to PTC.

Could you please help me with below details

• Please confirm which ThingWorx version are you trying to install
  • Is it a manual installation or through ThingWorx foundation installer
  • If the ThingWorx has been installed. Kindly share the ThingWorx logs present at location <ThingWorxInstallationDirectory>/ThingWorxStorage/Logs and Tomcat logs

Regards,

Toolika Dixit

SG_9012314
5-Regular Member
(To:tdixit)

i've tried both; the state of the art is that i cannot finish the installation with the foundation installer because it doesn't fine the correct license.bin

tdixit
13-Aquamarine

Hi @SG_9012314 

Could you please let me know what all files are present in ThingWorx Platform folder ?

Regards,

Toolika Dixit

SG_9012314
5-Regular Member

I cannot attach the file because .bin are not supported. I downloaded and renamed the license file that i downloaded from PTC website with the license management; "license_capability_response". After that i play again the twx-licensing-configurator.exe but license cannotbe found.

thanks

tdixit
13-Aquamarine

Hi @SG_9012314 

I can see there two license file present in your ThingWorx Platform folder.

Please make sure to keep only once license file in ThingWorx platform folder with name license_capability_response.bin and remove the other bin file which is not getting used from ThingWorx platform folder 

And then restart your tomcat and see if it helps to resolve the issue

Regards,

Toolika Dixit

SG_9012314
5-Regular Member

i think i solve it.
How do i check if the licence is correctly installed? is there any way to check it directly on twx composer?

thank you,

SG

tdixit
13-Aquamarine

Hi @SG_9012314 

Yes , you can check it from composer also

Go to Subsystems>Licensing Subsystem > services > GetCurrentLicenseInfo 

Execute this service and you will see the details related to your license

Regards,

Toolika Dixit

SG_9012314
5-Regular Member

"Unable to Invoke Service GetCurrentLicenseInfo on LicensingSubsystem : No license installed"

tdixit
13-Aquamarine

Hi @SG_9012314 

can you please attach logs from ThingWorx Storage folder here

Also, share the screenshot of ThingWorx Platform folder

Regards,

Toolika

SG_9012314
5-Regular Member

tdixit
13-Aquamarine

Hi @SG_9012314 

I can see below error in log files

2021-04-15 08:03:51.963+0000 [L: ERROR] [O: E.c.q.l.c.Logger] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [P: ] [T: main] Unable to acquire ptc_navigate_author_adk_n, error message is Trusted storage hostid does not match system hostid.
2021-04-15 08:03:51.963+0000 [L: ERROR] [O: E.c.q.l.c.Logger] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [P: ] [T: main] Trusted storage hostid does not match system hostid.
2021-04-15 08:03:51.965+0000 [L: ERROR] [O: E.c.q.l.c.Logger] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [P: ] [T: main] Unable to acquire ptc_navigate_author_adk_n: Trusted storage hostid does not match system hostid.[Ljava.lang.StackTraceElement;@4b4fb51a
2021-04-15 08:03:51.965+0000 [L: ERROR] [O: E.c.q.l.c.Logger] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [P: ] [T: main] ====================================================================
2021-04-15 08:03:51.965+0000 [L: ERROR] [O: E.c.q.l.c.Logger] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [P: ] [T: main] Unable to acquire license features because Unable to acquire ptc_navigate_author_adk_n: Trusted storage hostid does not match system hostid.[Ljava.lang.StackTraceElement;@4b4fb51a

I believe your ThingWorx platform host Id doesn't match the host id present in your license file.

Can you do one thing  stop the tomcat, remove the license file, generate a new license file from PTC License Management Portal, based on the host Id present in LicenseRequestfile.txt and then place it again in ThingWorx platform folder with name license_capabilty_response.bin and then restart your tomcat

Even after that if the issue persists share the log files again 

Regards,

Toolika Dixit

SG_9012314
5-Regular Member

I'm so sorry but it's kind complicated... i attached the capture error.

tdixit
13-Aquamarine

Please check this article to apply license file. It will have the steps to generate the license file from License Management Portal too

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @SG_9012314.

Have you been successful in applying a new license?  If so, please mark the previous response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others in the community. 

If you are still having issues, please let us know.

Regards.

--Sharon

SG_9012314
5-Regular Member
(To:slangley)

no i didn't solve.
attached my log file.

tdixit
13-Aquamarine

Hi @SG_9012314 

I believe earlier you were able to install ThingWorx and the issue was with applying the License file.

Have you uninstalled everything and now again you are doing the installation.

If not, could you please help with the ThingWorx logs present at ThingWorxStorage/Logs directory

Regards,

Toolika Dixit

SG_9012314
5-Regular Member

Hello,

yes i unistall thingworx foundation and i deleted all folders and i tried again. During the installation via thingworx foundation it didn't create folders anymore. After some try with the manual installation of thingworx i was able to find again the folders in my directory but still have errors.  I don't even find thingworx foundation in the  programs to unistall it again.

i can start from scratch but i need your guideline or i'll get crazy with this installation.... 

thank you for your time,

Simone Guglielmoni

tdixit
13-Aquamarine

Hello @SG_9012314 

Ideally you shouldn't delete the folders first rather you need to run the uninstaller and that would have automatically delete all the folder

But no issues. Now, first you have to make sure all previous ThingWorx folder, services has been completely deleted. You need to create a new Database again.

Then follow the steps as mentioned in the below guide and let me know if it works or not

https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/platform/r9/en/index.html#page/ThingWorx%2FHelp%2FInstallation%2FThingWorxInstallers.html%23

Regards,

Toolika Dixit

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @SG_9012314.

If you have resolved your issue, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution or post a reply with the solution you found and mark that as the Accepted Solution.  This will help other community members who encounter the same issue.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags