cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Thingworx not working

akshaygt
7-Bedrock

Thingworx not working

Hi,

I am trying to install Thingworx for Navigate.I have installed PostGre SQL database 9.4.11 and Apache Tomcat 8.5. I have done the configurations as per the Thingworx installation guide.I have created ThingworxPlatform folder and placed the json file in it mentioning the license details.Later I created the ThingworxStorage folder and ThingworxBackupStorage folder. When I try to launch the Thingworx, its not getting launched showing the attached snap.

No content is created in ThingworxStorage folder.I re-deployed Thingworx.war file but that hasn't helped.Still the ThingworxStorage folder remains empty.If anyone has faced same kind of issue, please do help me out here.

Regards,

Akshay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:mgoel)

Hi @akshaygt.

Depending on the version of Navigate and ThingWorx you are installing, you may have an compatibility issue.  Please refer to this matrix for supported versions.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:akshaygt)

Have you ran the postgres scripts (db and schema setups)? 

Also, you should not be creating ThingworxStorage and ThingworxBackupStorage folders yourself. Please remove and let tomcat create them upon deployment.

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply. 

Yes, I had ran the postgres scripts, but still its not working. Folder ThingworxStorage and ThingworxBackupStorage is not getting created. I have added THINGWORX_PLATFORM_SETTINGS in the system variable.

I don't understand what am I missing out.

Regards,

Akshay

posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:akshaygt)

Did you copy and place Thingworx.war in Tomcat/webapps folder or did you deploy it through a browser? What path did you put in your environment variable? You only need to do that if your tomcat is on a different drive from the ThingworxPlatform folder (which should be in the root of that drive).

Yes I copied and pasted the Thingworx.war file in webapps folder and have not deployed through browser.

THINGWORX_PLATFORM_SETTINGS is the system variable added with the value C:\ThingworxPlatform; also I have added the same in PATH if in case it works but nothing helped. My tomcat is in the same drive installed i.e C: drive.

Regards,

Akshay

Hi,

Try restart Tomcat and then check Tomcat logs. What error is showing?

Thank you,

Raluca Edu

mgoel
17-Peridot
(To:raluca_edu)

@akshaygt

Hope you are doing good. Could you please reply on this question.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:mgoel)

Hi @akshaygt.

Depending on the version of Navigate and ThingWorx you are installing, you may have an compatibility issue.  Please refer to this matrix for supported versions.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @akshaygt.

If one of the previous replies provided a solution to your issue, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi Everyone,

My apologies for late reply.

@raluca_edu Below is the error message in Tomcat logs.

19-Nov-2018 11:47:26.530 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal ContainerBase.addChild: start:
org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/Thingworx]]
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:167)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:752)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:728)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:734)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:988)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1860)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/springframework/web/SpringServletContainerInitializer : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0 (unable to load class [org.springframework.web.SpringServletContainerInitializer])
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.findClassInternal(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:2288)
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.findClass(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:811)
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.loadClass(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1260)
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.loadClass(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1119)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.WebappServiceLoader.loadServices(WebappServiceLoader.java:188)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.WebappServiceLoader.load(WebappServiceLoader.java:159)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.processServletContainerInitializers(ContextConfig.java:1622)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.webConfig(ContextConfig.java:1135)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.configureStart(ContextConfig.java:775)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfig.java:299)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleBase.java:94)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5105)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
... 10 more

19-Nov-2018 11:47:26.546 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR Error deploying web application archive [C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.5\webapps\Thingworx.war]
java.lang.IllegalStateException: ContainerBase.addChild: start: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/Thingworx]]
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:756)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:728)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:734)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:988)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1860)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I think this is regarding unsupported versions. If such is the case, please help me out.

Regards,

Akshay

Hi,

Please do the following steps to find out your JRE version and JDK version.

JRE check:

java -version

JDK check:

javac -version

Both should show something with 1.8, if versions are different then that is the root cause of the error.

Thanks,

Raluca Edu

Top Tags