cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Thingworx opening in limited mode after upgrade

clansdale
11-Garnet

Thingworx opening in limited mode after upgrade

Hello, I recently upgraded an old Thingworx server from 7.4 to 8.1, and it is opening in limited mode when I believe I have a valid license. The App log says:

"No new License capabilities from license server".

and

" Unable to fetch license file with device id xxxxxxxx"

I did a disconnected license retrieval and have double checked my permissions/naming yet the license_capability_response.bin is getting ignored. Is there a way for you to check if my company is out of licenses? I'm a little unclear on how the licensing subsystem works. Any help you can provide would be great.

Thank you
Connor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:clansdale)

Hi @clansdale.

For the sake of others on the community, this issue was the result of a new Device ID being generated during your upgrade.  The solution was to obtain the correct Device ID by running the GetInstanceID service, then generating and installing a new license.

If you are in agreement that this was the solution, please mark this reply as the Accepted Solution.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I am assuming that a restart was done or the AcquireLicense service from Subsystems -> LicensingSubsystem was executed after the new license was placed in ThingworxPlatform folder

I hope you have relocated any old license.bin file from ThingworxPlatform folder

license_capability_response.bin is getting ignored. 

By this, do you mean license_capability_response.bin file is being renamed to ignored_license_capability_response.bin?

Yes, I moved the old license.bin out of the ThingworxPlatform folder.

And also yes the license_capability_response.bin file is being renamed to ignored_license_capability_response.bin after startup.

Would a restart corrupt the license? How should I proceed?

Is it possible that during upgrade you may have accidentally deleted the below files?

1. ThingworxPlatform / keystore-password
  2. ThingworxStorage / keystore.jks

If so, please refer this article.

If this does not help either, please open a support ticket.

Both files are there, I'll open a ticket.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:clansdale)

Hi @clansdale.

For the sake of others on the community, this issue was the result of a new Device ID being generated during your upgrade.  The solution was to obtain the correct Device ID by running the GetInstanceID service, then generating and installing a new license.

If you are in agreement that this was the solution, please mark this reply as the Accepted Solution.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags