cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Thingworx service /script timeout settings

Siddharth_Jhs
14-Alexandrite

Thingworx service /script timeout settings

Hello Team,

Some of my sql services takes much time to load and it gives following error 

Error : "Execution of Script terminated after : 89 seconds. Timeout configured for 60 seconds."

For this I need to increase service execution time for this 2 approaches I know :

1) Sql Service ---> Service Info ---> Time out Interval (sec)

2) Platform-settings.json ---> define script Time-out

q1) In my case we have not defined any script time-out in platform-settings.json file. What is the default timeout interval taken in this case ?

q2) From Thingworx composer, how can we view service/script time-out details ? 

Regards,

Sid

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nmutter
14-Alexandrite
(To:Siddharth_Jhs)

From https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/platform/r9/en/index.html#page/ThingWorx/Help/Installation/Installation/platform_settings_json_configuration_details.html default value is 30 seconds. Not sure if this is accurate when your error shows its 60 seconds and you did not change it in platform-settings.json.

I only know the possibility to change the timeout in the platform-settings.json file (referenced in link above).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
nmutter
14-Alexandrite
(To:Siddharth_Jhs)

From https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/platform/r9/en/index.html#page/ThingWorx/Help/Installation/Installation/platform_settings_json_configuration_details.html default value is 30 seconds. Not sure if this is accurate when your error shows its 60 seconds and you did not change it in platform-settings.json.

I only know the possibility to change the timeout in the platform-settings.json file (referenced in link above).

Hello Sid,

q1) Default is 30 seconds.

q2) There's no simple way to do it. The easiest is to run this service and see the error message in the log -- it will contain the timeout, like in your example:

let result = 0;
while(true) {
    result += Math.random();
}

Note that it's important to do some work in this loop, like Math.random().

/ Constantine

Top Tags