cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Thingworx tomcat not starting after the system update in Production Environment,

BharathB
9-Granite

Thingworx tomcat not starting after the system update in Production Environment,

Hi,

Thingworx was working fine till now and after a system update the tomcat is not starting and I have found an error in tomcat logs during tomcat service startup which is mentioned below.

Jan 17, 2024 4:45:22 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: No Spring WebApplicationInitializer types detected on classpath
Jan 17, 2024 4:45:29 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext listenerStart
SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class [com.thingworx.system.ThingWorxBootstrapper]

I have also attached the application log and tomcat log along with this question.

Someone kindly help me to resolve this.

Thingworx version: 9.3.5-b1258

Java version:  jdk-11.0.16.1

DB: PostgreSQL 15

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Surya_Tiwari
14-Alexandrite
(To:BharathB)

Hi @BharathB 

Properties getting loaded into memory that is causing a stack overflow error. kindly open a case as we'll need to evaluate the property_vtq table and clean up select properties, large infotables should not be stored as persisted properties.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Surya_Tiwari
14-Alexandrite

Hi @BharathB 

Thanks for sharing logs, kindly check the below location and let me know the theworx-platform-common-9.3.5-b1258.jar jar file is found in your instance.

file:/C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/ThingWorxFoundation/tomcat/current/webapps/Thingworx/WEB-INF/lib/thingworx-platform-common-9.3.5-b1258.jar) 

Hi @Surya_Tiwari 

Yeah its there in the folder

image (20).png

Surya_Tiwari
14-Alexandrite

Hi @BharathB 

Properties getting loaded into memory that is causing a stack overflow error. kindly open a case as we'll need to evaluate the property_vtq table and clean up select properties, large infotables should not be stored as persisted properties.

Hi @BharathB 

I have seen you have opened a case, thanks for this, we will provide support on it, kindly mark it as completed.

Hi @BharathB 

We have already resolved this issue at the meeting in your opened case, kindly mark it as the solution.

Thanks,

Surya

Top Tags