cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Thingworx upgrade 9.1 to 9.3 - error

LP_10027711
13-Aquamarine

Thingworx upgrade 9.1 to 9.3 - error

Hello. i am trying to ugprade TW from 9.1 to 9.3 and getting the following error. 

Attached is my upgrade log. please assist. thank you!

LP_10027711_0-1648566808398.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:LP_10027711)

Hi @LP_10027711.

As we found while working the case, the cause of the upgrade failure was due to the database host being changed after the initial ThingWorx installation.  This prevented the installer from connecting.  The original installation information is located in \ThingWorxFoundation\twxfoundation_report.json.  This file had to be updated with the correct db hostname in order for the installer to run successfully.

If you agree that this was the cause of the issue, please mark this response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same issue.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

so i downloaded the installer for 9.2 and the it runs passed the previous error. now it gets stuck here (see picture) and then it fails. attached is the log

please help!

LP_10027711_0-1648576221181.png

Hi,

Read the following articles:

LP_10027711
13-Aquamarine
(To:VladimirN)

Nothing worked. For now I had to cancel the upgrade since it kept failing.... 

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @LP_10027711. 

I recommend we open a case for this issue.  I will be happy to open the case on your behalf if you agree.

Regards.

--Sharon

LP_10027711
13-Aquamarine
(To:slangley)

yes please!! thanks

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @LP_10027711.

As we found while working the case, the cause of the upgrade failure was due to the database host being changed after the initial ThingWorx installation.  This prevented the installer from connecting.  The original installation information is located in \ThingWorxFoundation\twxfoundation_report.json.  This file had to be updated with the correct db hostname in order for the installer to run successfully.

If you agree that this was the cause of the issue, please mark this response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same issue.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags