cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Thingworx version 8.x vs 9.x

TanmeyTWX
17-Peridot

Thingworx version 8.x vs 9.x

Hi Experts,

I am planning to migrate existing Thingworx 8 application to version 9 and would like to understand the major improvements in terms of :

• Data ingestion and Querying
  • Mashup rendering performance
  • OOTB Support for external Time series DB.

Looking forward to have a good discussion here.

TIA.

8 REPLIES 8

Apart from this release notes, is there any another document/ reference based on actual implementation where user has found some differences in terms of performance, etc.?

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:TanmeyTWX)

Hi @TanmeyTWX.

I followed up with R&D on your question, and was advised that the release criteria makes sure that newer releases don’t have any performance degradation with previous releases so it's either the same or better.

However, there were some tests done to compare single node (standalone) vs cluster performance in 9 that are available on the Help Center.

Regards.

--Sharon

The biggest breaking change we were affected by, is the removal of the label chart widget. If you have anything that utilizes the feature where you combine multiple types of graphs on one chart (Bar + Line + Area). It is gone. You can either have a line chart or a bar chart. There were other useful properties on the widget that is gone too. We have multiple mashups that need rewritten before we can fully migrate to TW9.

Also, serious performance issues with the Collection widget. Makes it almost unusable at times.

Besides that I think it was a meaningful upgrade.

TanmeyTWX
17-Peridot
(To:bmc619)

Yes, even I was expecting some improvement in Mashup rendering but seems to be same somehow. And as you mentioned the observation regarding chart and especially collection widget which is a widely used widget,is little disappointing in terms of performance.

Keep sharing your observations. Thanks!

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:TanmeyTWX)

Hi @TanmeyTWX and @bmc619.

Which 9.x version(s) are you referring to in regard to poor performance?

Regards.

--Sharon

We are running: ThingWorx 9.2.1-b112.

We have cases open for both the collection widget and the label chart but haven't gotten far with them.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:bmc619)

Hi @bmc619.

Could you private message me the case numbers so I can follow up?

Thanks.

--Sharon

Top Tags