cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thingworxwox Foundation installation

MSJ
Level 7

Thingworxwox Foundation installation

I want to install thingworx foundation on my pc but finding it difficult. Could someone recommend a video tuttorial or some that will guide me through successfully? 

Thanks. 

4 REPLIES

Re: Thingworxwox Foundation installation

Hi, I don't think TWX have installation videos, and Community is a "Low Touch" support method, if you need someone to closely follow your installation process, It's highly recommended that you create a case for it.

Hi,

Thank you for the concern. It is so frusting on windows.

I have decided to use Ubuntu and still going well but while running this command "

sudo addgroup --system tomcat8.5 --quiet —force-badname

"

to add group to the folder tomcat8.5, it keep saying not does not exist. how do I rectify this?

I am not sure I understand what you meant by creating a case.

Did you successfully extracted the tar file?  Was the file in the correct path?  These are generally 2 steps before this addgroup command,  You just started installation so the reason must be quite simple.

By "Creating Case" I mean if you're a TWX client (higher than Silver) or PTC insider, you could use your account to create a technical support case in the esupport website, and a TWX engineer will pick it and help through the problem you have.

Thank you for your concerned.

Yes I extracted the tar file and even to it the recommended folder. 

I could locate that in the folder.

So I don't really know what is wrong.