Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thwx 7.4: Failed to load FlxCore library

SOLVED

Re: Thwx 7.4: Failed to load FlxCore library

I could not find the windows service option for tomcat 8.0.33 as stated in the documentation. As a result I had to download the zip file. I do not have the configure tomcat window coming up. Can you please tell me how do I configure these options?

Thanks

Update: I tried installing the same in ubuntu with Hana DB. when I execute the command, "sudo catalina.sh run", it fails with a similar error as above. However if I execute the command "catalina.sh run", the tomcat server starts up and is accessible on port 8080. However, /Thingworx URL is not accessible. The errors seem to state that it fails to initiate /Thingworx due to inability to create various directories in /ThingoworxStorage and /ThingworxBackupStorage. In either cases, it also throws a fileNotFoundException for the .keystore file.

Hi Rishit

Could you zip up all the .bat file from <Tomcat>/bin and post them here ?

Thanks

Christophe

Christophe,

Please find the bin zip file below

Also, I have been facing the same issue on ubuntu machine as well. Please let me know if you need anything from there. Also, I have no db associated with thingworx on my windows machine. However, for my ubuntu machine I attempted linking it with SAP HANA DB that is installed in our office server. Not sure if this information is relevant for this particular issue but I though I should mention it

Thanks and Regards,

Rishit

Polina,

Thanks a lot. This worked. However I am getting a 500 internal server error while trying to access localhost:8080/Thingoworx. I believe this could be an error in my server config file. Please take a look at the attached file. Below are the logs from my command prompt.

02-May-2017 10:51:09.900 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.jasper.EmbeddedServletOptions.<init> The scratchDir you specified: C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0\work\Catalina\localhost\ROOT is unusable.

02-May-2017 10:51:09.901 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory Deployment of web application directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0\webapps\ROOT has finished in 135 ms

02-May-2017 10:51:09.908 INFO [main] org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.start Starting ProtocolHandler ["http-nio-8080"]

02-May-2017 10:51:09.917 INFO [main] org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.start Starting ProtocolHandler ["ajp-nio-8009"]

02-May-2017 10:51:09.922 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start Server startup in 101208 ms

2017-05-02 10:51:22.617-0500 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.a.AuthenticationFilter] [I: ] [U: ] [S: ] [T: http-nio-8080-exec-3] null

First time a pop up window asked for login credentials. I entered Adminstrator and admin as mentioned the documentation. I have been getting this error ever since.

Hi Rishit

I tried your bin directory on my installation and it does work.

Could you please try with a 64bits version of Tomcat instead of a 32bits version.

Officially only 64bits version is supported.

Also, from what you described,  the error you get on Ubuntu is different, with some access denied issues.

I would recommend you double check the installation guide especially the chmod and chown commands.

If still issue, please open a new discussion so we can keep the issues separate.

Thanks

Christophe

Thank you for the response Christophe. After making some suggestions by Polina Osipova below, it worked for me as well. The tomcat server starts up but I get HTTP status 500 when trying to access /Thingworx URL. I believe this could be an error with my server.xml file. I have attaced the file here. Please check and let me know if you find an error.

Thanks

Rishit

Stop tomcat, remove your server.xml and  try with this one (rename it to server.xml first):

Note this file uses port 80, so you would be accessing your application on http://localhost/Thingworx

In case it still doesn't work - please attach your ApplicationLog.log found in ThingworxStorage/logs

Polina,

Since port 80 was already in use by another application, I tried port 8080. It still gives the same error. Please find the attached Applcation log

At this point let's open a separate thread and troubleshoot in there.