cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

To get data in mashup as a group

SrijithKrish
12-Amethyst

To get data in mashup as a group

Hi 

I wanted to know if there is way I can get the data provided in different widgets in a mashup as a group or like an infotable into my service.

If I make this a bit clear, let's say I have a scenario where I have a mashup where the user will be providing details of the item they have purchased. I am having 2 text boxes (name of the item and price) and I also have a drop box to get the category the item belongs to. If the user have brought 2 items then there will be total of 4 text boxes and 2 drop boxes. If I am giving the values from these widgets directly to my service then I will have to limit on the number of items the user is buying but I need this to be dynamic.For this purpose I gave a grid where I had written a service to make blank or empty rows depending on the number of items (like if there are 2 items then the grid will have 2 empty rows). This grid was an editable grid too. But the issue then was that I was not able to give a drop box inside a grid.

I also tried using a collection but could not get the edited cells data as an infotable.

If I am able to get the data from a mashup as a group or a table I can make the scenario more dynamic and limiting the number of items to be purchased.

I wanted to know if there is a way to achieve this? 

With Regards,

Srijith

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:SrijithKrish)

Hi @SrijithKrish.

We aren't totally following your use case, but you are correct that you cannot have a drop-down in a grid.

The infotable will drive the collection widget or the grid, and it sounds like you already have data feeding into your mashup while you're trying to populate the grid or collection widget.  You should be able to obtain that data from the source.

If you can re-state your use case, we might be able to provide more helpful information.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:SrijithKrish)

Hi @SrijithKrish.

We aren't totally following your use case, but you are correct that you cannot have a drop-down in a grid.

The infotable will drive the collection widget or the grid, and it sounds like you already have data feeding into your mashup while you're trying to populate the grid or collection widget.  You should be able to obtain that data from the source.

If you can re-state your use case, we might be able to provide more helpful information.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @SrijithKrish.

If the previous response answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Thank you for your participation in our community!

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags