cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

To share mashup from Azure cloud

Leonardo_
3-Visitor

To share mashup from Azure cloud

Hi everyone,

I have a virtual machine installed on an Azure cloud.

So I installed the free local 90-day version of the Thingworx platform there, just to do some testing.

I created some dashboards and would like to share this with some friends.

When I click on “view mashup” a URL is generated that has: “localhost ...”

I figured that if I change this to the name of the Azure machine it will be possible to share this link to a different network to be able to access.

I tried that, but it didn't work.

Is anyone able to tell me if I need to do any configuration in the Azure cloud to allow this access?

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:Leonardo_)

Hi @Leonardo_ 

You should use the ip address of the Azure VM as reported int he Azure portal, as its hostname is probably unknown on the network.

If this does not work, then your colleague has not got network access to this Azure VM and that should likely be looked at by your IT/Network admin.

Hope this helps

Christophe

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi @Leonardo_ 

You should use the ip address of the Azure VM as reported int he Azure portal, as its hostname is probably unknown on the network.

If this does not work, then your colleague has not got network access to this Azure VM and that should likely be looked at by your IT/Network admin.

Hope this helps

Christophe

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Leonardo_.

If the previous response from Christophe allowed you to find a solution, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @Leonardo_.

I have marked the solution for this post.  If you disagree with the solution designated, please let me know.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags