cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Tooltip mashup not showing properties of mashup in Thingworx 8.5

AndreaSteyn
11-Garnet

Tooltip mashup not showing properties of mashup in Thingworx 8.5

Hi guys,

I am trying to show a tool tip mashup on a map.  I created the map and have bound data to it. I also created a mashup for the tooltip with two properties.

If I link the mashup to the tooltipmashup property on the main mashup the two properties do not show that I need to bind to the tooltip mashup.

Is this a bug in Thingworx 8.5? Anyone else experienced this or how to fix this.

This post refers to the tooltipmashup properties but they aren't showing on my main mashup.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:raluca_edu)

Hi everyone.

The updated Google Maps widget is now available.  It is no longer available on the PTC Marketplace.  Instead, you can download it from the PTC Support site under each of the 3 versions available:

googlemaps.PNG

This version is compatible with ThingWorx 8.2 and above.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:AndreaSteyn)

Hi @AndreaSteyn.

We have confirmed the behavior you reported and are creating an internal case for further review by our R&D team. As we have more information to share, we will post it here.

Regards.

--Sharon

@slangley  I already have a case with this issue, I will take care.

Regards,

Raluca

As a work around, if you can get a least one piece of critical data to your tooltip mashup (thing name or something you can use to query against), you can just have services run on your tooltip mashup that take care of getting the data you want to display.  

We ran in to this exact same problem.  We were able to pass in the thing name to our tooltip mashup and then just had that mashup re-query for the data to display.

Hi @wposner-2 ,

How did you manage to get anything passed to the tooltip mashup?  I actually just want to pass an entity name to the tooltip.

Hello @raluca_edu @slangley ,

Do you have any update on this issue?

We seem to be encountering exactly the same problem with ThingWorx 8.5.1 / Google Maps widget 3.0.3 -- cannot see any tooltip mashup parameters in the list of the map widget parameters...

Regards,
Constantine

Hi Constantine,

The only information we know is that the issue will be solved with the next version of Google Maps Widget 3.1. Unfortunately, we do not know any deadline yet.

Regards,

Raluca Edu

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:raluca_edu)

Hi everyone.

The updated Google Maps widget is now available.  It is no longer available on the PTC Marketplace.  Instead, you can download it from the PTC Support site under each of the 3 versions available:

googlemaps.PNG

This version is compatible with ThingWorx 8.2 and above.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:AndreaSteyn)

Hi @AndreaSteyn.

If you feel you have received a satisfactory response to your initial post, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Thank you for your participation in our community!

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags