cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Trouble for export with UTF8 format

QuentinR
12-Amethyst

Trouble for export with UTF8 format

Hello everyone,

I got a trouble with a file I want to import. I got this error message.

12-12-2016 15-29-53.jpg

The most disturbing thing is that I made an export from 6.5 to 7.1.4, without no modification, so it should be that simple.

I tried to add the java options "​-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8​" and even to save the XML in different type of UTF-8, still doesn't work.

Have you a idea how I could solve it ?

Quentin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
QuentinR
12-Amethyst
(To:ankigupta)

Well, I actually succeed in making it work.

I just change manually in the XML file the number of the version, minor version. And it worked, strange but it worked.

EDIT: actually, it is due to the xml export format. To avoid it, do an export to binary (.twx format).

Quentin

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:QuentinR)

Hi Quentin Riviere​, Just to confirm, was the tomcat restarted after making the changes?

QuentinR
12-Amethyst

Hello Gupta,

Yes, I confirm I restarted the tomcat, I even restarted the computer to be sure.

Regards,

Quentin

QuentinR
12-Amethyst

Well, I actually succeed in making it work.

I just change manually in the XML file the number of the version, minor version. And it worked, strange but it worked.

EDIT: actually, it is due to the xml export format. To avoid it, do an export to binary (.twx format).

Quentin

i am facing similar issue how i dont have XML back nly have binary format.. Can u please Suggest how to Change the format frm Binary to Xml or such Kind.

Hello,

I don't know how to turn a Binary to a XML. It's only when exporting that you can select the format.

Actually, it's strange that you have a UTF8 trouble with the binary .twx file. Did you open it in a text editor (Notepad++) and saved it?

Best regards,

Quentin

Top Tags