cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Unable to Start Tomcat9 - The system cannot open the file.(Error in event logs)

SD_10908519
3-Visitor

Unable to Start Tomcat9 - The system cannot open the file.(Error in event logs)

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue, Tomcat fails to start, and I see the same error message in the system event logs:

The Apache Tomcat 9.0 Tomcat9 service terminated with the following service-specific error: The system cannot open the file.

Could anyone who has resolved this issue provide some guidance or share their solution?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @SD_10908519  Check the environment variable set for new java re-move the older path and check tomcat java option has connected to the new path. 

Hi @Surya_Tiwari ,

1. I've confirmed that the Java environment variable is updated and correct.
2. Just to clarify, should I verify the JRE details from the Tomcat configuration? I’ve attached the relevant configuration file for your reference. Could you please provide more details on ensuring the Tomcat Java option is connected to the new path?

Thanks!

Hi @SD_10908519  Run the java version command in cmd and check the latest version shown and check  at the Apache Tomcat Java Options:

-Dlog4j2.formatMsgNoLookups=true

Hi @SD_10908519,

I wanted to see if you got the help you needed.

If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. It will help other members who may have the same question.
Please note that industry experts also review the replies and may eventually accept one of them as solution on your behalf.
Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please pursue the conversation.

Thanks,

Catalina
PTC Community Moderator
Announcements

Top Tags