cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Unable to connect to the Thingworx academic simulator

piyushmodi1987
6-Contributor

Unable to connect to the Thingworx academic simulator

Hello everyone,

I am trying to login through the Thingworx academic simulator using the URL, app key and port no. but I am getting an error : "Unable to connect, check your port"

The server URL is : https://pp-2004130945zw.devportal.ptc.io/Thingworx/Composer/index.html 

I am only using pp-2004130945zw.devportal.ptc.io  from the above URL in Academic simulator.

I have checked my Device ID as well as port no also properly. Port no - 443 since it is https

I have tried modifying the port as 80 but no use. I have tried running TAS as administrator but no avail.

I have also made sure that my server is running by going to the server and launching it. Read many threads on the same error and tried everything. But still I am getting the same error.

I have tried downloading the desktop version of the Thingworx foundation also but the device configuration requirement is 16 GB whereas I have only 8 GB in my laptop. So, I could not install that.

Can anybody help me on the same. Thanks in advance.

Kindly reply soon, my trial will expire soon.

9 REPLIES 9

Hi,

Try to use port 8080 or 8443.

Otherwise, you can install Thingworx Foundation on your laptop, I think the prerequisite is not stopping installation.

Hope it helps,

Raluca Edu

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I tried both the ports but they are also not working.

When I am trying 8080, I am getting error check your URL.

Also, I had mentioned in my query that the laptop installation is not possible since the Installer of Thingworx foundation is asking for 16 GB of RAM and I am having only 8 GB.

Can you suggest anything else?

Hi,

If you have access in Composer, go to Platform Subsystem > Configuration > Allow Application key as URL Parameter  should be enabled.

Hope it helps,

Raluca Edu

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion.

But, the platform subsystem was already enabled for the URL.

So, do you think I need to check something else?

Probably the server is not allowing it, can you see something in Application.log from UI?

Hi,

There is no message visible, the error message reads either : Check your server URL or check your port.

Nothing else is known.

Hi @piyushmodi1987.

Since the ThingWorx instance is hosted, it may not be configured to allow this traffic.  I'll try to track down the team that maintains those instances to find out.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @piyushmodi1987.

If you have resolved your issue, please post the solution here and mark it as the Accepted Solution, or mark an existing response as the Accepted Solution.

Thank you for your participation in our community.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hello, 

I have the same problem. May I know if you have the solution?

Top Tags