cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Unable to create thing - Data store unknown error

ysb
6-Contributor
6-Contributor

Unable to create thing - Data store unknown error

Hi Team,

I have a device connected to a remote Thing and when I delete it and try to create a new Thing with the same name I'm experiencing this error:

Failed to create device : JavaException: java.lang.Exception: Unable to create thing: DeviceThing.T : [1,018] Data store unknown error: [Error occurred while accessing the model provider.]

There are not ghost Things, the Thing doesn't exist, but Thingworx doesn't allow me to create a Thing with the same name.
I found this ticket,
that seems to be exactly the same case as mine, but there are no solutions.

Is there any possible solution for this ?
In my specific case I would like to avoid restarting TomCat, unless there was some evidence that it would solve the problem.
Note: I'm using ThingWorx 8.4.2.

Thanks in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:ysb)

Hi @ysb.

How did you delete the Thing?  From doing some research on this, it sounds like the Thing still exists in the database (assuming that it doesn't exist as a ghost entity).  Restarting Tomcat should cause the entities persisted in the database to be recreated in memory, and then can be deleted normally.

It may be that your logic is causing the issue, but we would need to know more about your use case, recreation steps, and script to provide further assistance.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:ysb)

Hi @ysb.

How did you delete the Thing?  From doing some research on this, it sounds like the Thing still exists in the database (assuming that it doesn't exist as a ghost entity).  Restarting Tomcat should cause the entities persisted in the database to be recreated in memory, and then can be deleted normally.

It may be that your logic is causing the issue, but we would need to know more about your use case, recreation steps, and script to provide further assistance.

Regards.

--Sharon

ysb
6-Contributor
6-Contributor
(To:slangley)

Hi @slangley ,

Thanks for your reply. As you said, after restating Tomcat the entities persisted was recreated 

and now I can delete it normally.

Many Thanks.

Regards,

Top Tags