cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Unable to create value stream

khong
2-Guest

Unable to create value stream

As seen in the screenshot below, there are no templates to choose from when I try to create a new value stream. What could be the reason for this? I'm using ThingWorx 8.3.4-b993 trial version.

Screenshot from 2019-03-21 22-48-06.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
khong
2-Guest
(To:khong)

Update: The User account that I'm using was added to the Administrator User Group. After that, I was able to see the template and create value stream

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Try a full refresh of your browser CRTL+F5 and see if that resolves it, if not, then potentially that is a bug, I just tried on the released version of 8.4 though and the two templates show up fine.

hujingrui
12-Amethyst
(To:PaiChung)

Hi i faced a similiar issue.

This does not seem to work. Is there a permission that is supposed to be enabled to user to allow them to go into value stream?

My users can now see the valuestream object and create a value stream without a choice of templates. However when they try to access the value stream they created by clicking on it. It shows a loading screen forever.  

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:hujingrui)

They probably need Visibility/Read Design/Runtime Service Execute to the ValueStream

They also will need Visibility to the Default Persistence Provider or Persistence Provider assigned to the ValueStream

hujingrui
12-Amethyst
(To:PaiChung)

How do you do both of that? I tried but it seems like its not working for my users.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:hujingrui)

Either open the entity and go to the permissions section, or go to the Lock icon.

khong
2-Guest

Update: The User account that I'm using was added to the Administrator User Group. After that, I was able to see the template and create value stream

Top Tags