cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Unable to install ThingWorx Analytics 8.2

liuq
6-Contributor

Unable to install ThingWorx Analytics 8.2

I have Windows 10 Education, and installed Docker 18.03.1-ce-win65.

When I was trying to install ThingWorx Analytics 8.2 on my computer, it stuck in the process of installing: create image for analytic server (another window said installing Thingworx Analytic Server). This took more than two hours.

I am wondering, normally, how long it takes to install the tool. 

Is there anything I should check to make sure I am installing it correctly?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
mgoel
17-Peridot
(To:liuq)

@liuq

Thank you for opening this Thread. Could you please verify below points.

1) Make sure Both ThingWorx Foundation and Analytics server are of same version for compatibility.

2) For windows 10 docker should be native docker not docker toolbox.

3) ThingWorx composer should be up and running.

Usually it takes maximum 5 minutes to install. See this article: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS243525&posno=2&q=Analytics%208.2%20installation&source=search

Do let me know in case of any question. 

Regards-Mohit

drieder
15-Moonstone
(To:mgoel)

Also try using docker version 17.03 (I also had troubles with version 18) and increase docker RAM to 5 or 6 GB

liuq
6-Contributor
(To:drieder)

Is there an upper limit for the version of Docker? I read it has to be between 17.3 to 17.5 on other thread, but not sure if this is true.

Docker 17.3 is not supported on Windows 10 Education.

drieder
15-Moonstone
(To:liuq)

Did you try it with 17.4 or 17.5 ? I guess this could work too. 

Btw, for me the installation worked only with linux containers

liuq
6-Contributor

I did not have Thingworx composer installed. So I tried to install the ThingWorx Trial Bundle on this website:

https://developer.thingworx.com/resources/downloads

I increased the RAM of Docker to 4GB and followed the instruction included in the zip file.

I still stuck in "Installing Thingworx Utilities" for more than two hours. I am assuming installing this bundle will install all Foundation, composer and Analytics server. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Additionally, I am using Docker 18.03.1-ce-win65, which I believe is a the Docker Community Edition for Windows.

liuq
6-Contributor

Another question is Docker provides an option of running Linux containers on Windows (default when installing Docker CE). Should I use Windows containers or Linux containers?

Top Tags