cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Unable to install or uninstall Thingworx

apdams
6-Contributor

Unable to install or uninstall Thingworx

I have a problem. I was installing Thingworx and it was near the end when my machine crashed. I am now in a position where I get this error when I try to install Thingworx

"You already have Thingworx Foundation for Postgres installed. Uninstall it, and then you can use this installation tool to reinstall"

Problem is, when I go to Windows "Uninstall or change a program" app, there is nothing there with a name like PTC or Thingworx. So, nothing to uninstall.

What do I do now?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
apdams
6-Contributor
(To:apdams)

The solution appears to be to uninstall PostgresSQL and reinstall that. Then TWX install goes ahead

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
apdams
6-Contributor

The solution appears to be to uninstall PostgresSQL and reinstall that. Then TWX install goes ahead

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @apdams.

Most likely the ThingWorx database tables had already been created and populated during the initial installation attempt, preventing attempts to reinstall.  By removing and reinstalling PostgreSQL you essentially solved that problem.  You could have also dropped the tables to achieve the same level of clean-up that was needed.

Glad you were able to resolve your issue.

Regards.

--Sharon

apdams
6-Contributor
(To:slangley)

Thanks for the help here, slangley

I wonder if you could take a look at another issue I have ("Unable to Install Thingworx when grace period has expired"). This one is a total blocker for me and I would sure appreciate your input on it
Thanks
Adrian

Top Tags