cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Unable to open Thingworx Composer

Trevor1
2-Guest

Unable to open Thingworx Composer

I am having the same problem. I downloaded the trial version from the PTC ThingWorx Developer site. It successfully downloads, but there is no way to open it after the download is complete. If I search my computer, the only thing that shows up is the installer.

6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

Do you have any error when trying to install Thingworx? Have you tried to run installer with admin privileged user?

Thank you,

Raluca Edu

Hello, I don’t get any errors when I run the installer. I can try to reinstall it again.
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Trevor1)

Hi @Trevor1.

Please let us know if you are still having issues running the trial installer so we can assist further.  We will need more details around the platform (Windows or Linux) and the platform configuration (RAM, o/s version, etc.).

If you have resolved your issue, please feel free to post the solution and mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hello,

I am still unable to get the ThingWorx installation to work. I gave up and have been using the 30-day trial, which is about to run out.

I tried to install the trial version on a Windows 10, Version 1903 machine that has 15.9 GB of usable RAM and a 64-bit os.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Trevor1)

Hi @Trevor1.

We apologize for the issues you are experiencing.

Can you please tell me what version of java you have installed?  We only support java 8.

Is it just the JRE or does it include the JDK?  You can try installing the JDK as well to see if that helps.

If you run "set" from the command prompt, do you see a variable for JAVA_HOME?  If so, you may need to remove it temporarily--especially if it's for an unsupported version of java.

Once the dialog returns the message that the installation failed, please check the file system for logs--before hitting OK on the dialog.  Once you hit OK, the installer will clean up the installation files including the logs.

Please let me know if you continue to have issues.

Regards.

--Sharon

@Trevor1 If you were able to resolve your issue, please post it here and mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community.  If you are still experiencing issues, please do let us know your questions or concerns

Thanks,

Vibhuti

Top Tags