cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Unable to send mail using mail extension

Saran_Rockwell
6-Contributor

Unable to send mail using mail extension

Hi Developers,

I'm facing an issue with mail extension. I have followed this article and completed the configurations to be done on Mail thing as well as the gmail account security settings.

PFB the config i have made on the mail thing.Capture.PNG

Whenever i try to send a mail im getting these below two error messages.

Error sending email due to [STARTTLS is required but host does not support STARTTLS].The last server response was [250-Requested mail action okay, completed_250-SIZE 20000000_250-8BITMIME_250 OK_] with return code [250].The error originated on host [ThingWorx-Platform-Database].

Unable to send error email for logged incident: failed to connect, no password specified?

I'm confident that I have given the proper creds. I have also enable the stack tracing and got the error logs.

PFA the error logs. 

Regards,
Saran 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @slangley ,

The issue is resolved now. It seemed to be some security policy update on the server side.

Thanks,

Saran

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Few things I noticed in your configuration, 

1. The port numbers are incorrect, they should have below values

SachinSharma_0-1672231472580.png

2. If you are using gmail as your mail server then shouldn't your username also be username@gmail.com

SachinSharma_1-1672231567425.png

Update the port numbers and use a gmail account and check whether it works or not.

Regards,

Sachin

Hi Sachin,

Thanks for your reply.

The config which i have used are proper and i have tested the same config as a simple java program and was able to send mails. I also have tested with another local twx instance and i was able to successfully test out the mail services. Only on our production TWX instance we are seeing this. Also the java program when i tested on the production server where the TWX is hosted is failing. I'm confident with the config details. It seems to be something to do with the server firewall or something related to the server. 

Regards,

Saran 

Hi @Saran_Rockwell.

I can't tell from the screenshot--do you have "Use TLS" selected?

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi @slangley ,

The issue is resolved now. It seemed to be some security policy update on the server side.

Thanks,

Saran

Top Tags