cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are working to address an issue with subscription email notifications. In the meantime, be sure to check your favorite boards for new topics.

Unable to start EMS on raspberry PI giving error "bash ./wsems: no such file or directory"

AK_10357858
7-Bedrock

Unable to start EMS on raspberry PI giving error "bash ./wsems: no such file or directory"

I have connected EMS server to Thingworx on windows OS also able to transfer data but facing challenge while configuring EMS to raspberry PI.

During the first attempt I was able to run the wsems.exe file. But Due to some issue, we have deployed the raspberry PI OS 64 bit again. Then while running wsems file it was showing error "bash ./wsems: no such file or directory". 

I have referred these 2 article from PTC portal, having the similar issue :

1) Solved: EMS not working on Embedded Linux PC (not BBB/Rasp... - PTC Community

2) Article - CS289594 - Edge MicroServer fails to start on ARM Linux with error -bash: wsems: No such file or directory (ptc.com)

I have followed the instruction as mentioned in these two articles & verified that dynamic loader was not available. 

So added dynamic loader file following the given step mentioned in above article. But when I tried to add dynamic linking to wsems file it shows error as "not a dynamic executable.".

I am attaching the screenshot of CPU info, Lib, errors & EMS configuration file. 

Kindly help to get the solution.

3 REPLIES 3
M4RC
14-Alexandrite
(To:AK_10357858)

Hello,

you installed the ems succesfully?
(Note the path /microserver/install_services )

You got executions permissions to run the wsems file?

You can also try to run the wsems service directly: service tw_microServerd start

Best regards

Marc

Hi Marc, 

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have run wsems service directly but still unable to execute. Showing error "no such file or directory"

1) checked executions permission. It is provided to everyone. 

2) Tried to run the wsems service directly: service tw_microServerd start, But it gives error "unit tw_microServerd.service not found".

3) I have installed the EMS as per the following the steps of setup a Raspberry Pi as an IoT Device  in Medical Device Service Learning Path - PTC Community link. I am attaching the screenshot.

Please verify. 

Best Regards

Abhimanyu

M4RC
14-Alexandrite
(To:AK_10357858)

Hello,

To 1) / 2) Please verify that the package is correct for the operating system and platform that you want to use!

see: http://support.ptc.com/help/edge_microserver/r5.4.6/en/index.html#page/edge_microserver%2Fc_ems_wsems_installing_distribution.html%23

To 3) please try to run the following file:
 /microserver/install_services/install

(cd Downloads/microserver/install_services && ./install)

I recomment to refer to the part "\install_services\" at this guide: 

http://support.ptc.com/help/edge_microserver/r5.4.6/en/index.html#page/edge_microserver%2Fv5.4.0_c_ems_wsems_install_distribution_contents.html%23 There are also informations about "Running WS EMS as a Daemon (Linux)".

Best regards

Marc

Top Tags