cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Unexpected error occurred on server when saving service

seanccc
17-Peridot

Unexpected error occurred on server when saving service

Hi ,

I often get the error "Unexpected error occured on server" when saving service.  I cannot save service anymore as long as the error occurs ,  I have to exit the Edit mode and edit the service again. Even though, the 2nd editing won't assure the save can be successful.  

I don't see any related logs when the error occurs, including Thingworx platform logs and tomcat logs.  It's very boring especially when it happens more than 10 times in one hour sometimes.   

Any suggestion ? 

error.png

34 REPLIES 34
wposner-2
12-Amethyst
(To:slangley)

I've been getting this error consistently in TWX 8.5.4. I get it for both services and mashups.  When it happens on a mashup the following is generated in the application log:

org.json.JSONException: JSONArray[0] not a string.

I have a mashup property with a hard coded value.  I'm trying to remove that hard coded value, but when I save, I get the error.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:wposner-2)

Hi everyone.

Good news!  R&D has identified the cause of the issue and is planning a fix for the 9.0 release targeted for June.

Once the release is made available, I will post an update here to advise.

Regards.

--Sharon

bbeuckSIG
15-Moonstone
(To:slangley)

This is indeed good news, thanks for the update, looking forward to work with release 9.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:bbeuckSIG)

Hi everyone.

This issue is also being addressed in the following upcoming releases:

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:seanccc)

Hi everyone.

ThingWorx versions 8.4.11 and 8.5.7 were recently released.

@seanccc, if you feel your question has been answered, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same issue.

Thank you for your participation in our community!

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags