cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Updating analytics application key on HOSTED TRIAL SERVER

justinoberle
10-Marble

Updating analytics application key on HOSTED TRIAL SERVER

I started a new trial and I am getting this message when I try to view anything in analytics section...

Your API Key has expired. You can generate a new key or extend the expiration date of the current key. See the Analytics Help Center for procedures.

I checked all my app keys and they are fine so this is obviously something behind the scenes. I found a link to change the expiration for an installed version but I am on the hosted trial. How can I fix this for the trial? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nsampat
17-Peridot
(To:nsampat)

@justinoberle ,

I've just heard back from the DevZone Team, and they have indicated they have fixed the issue.

Can you check on the instance you were using again?

Regards,

Neel

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

@justinoberle ,

Thank you for posting to the PTC Community.

When you indicate that the API key expired, do you mean the Application Key? Is the Analytics Server still functional?

The API key is for use only with the Rockwell Automation Factory Talk Suite, which is not part of the Trial Version cloud instance hosted by PTC.

Also, can you provide when you started this Trial Instance?

Regards,

Neel

I copy and pasted exactly what it says in the original post. It is anything to do with the analytics builder. I started this trial about 6 days ago. It was working fine when I started it but now I cannot do anything in analytics portion.

@justinoberle ,

While I understand that is the message you are seeing, it does not apply to Analytics Builder as that API key is separate from the application use case you are operating.

Can you verify that the Gateway/Adapter in Builder Settings is connected?

Also, can you provide a screenshots of your Application Keys?

Edit: Would you be able to DM your URL? I will also reach out to the DevZone Hosted Environment Team to also investigate

Regards,

Neel

Here are some screen shots. All of the application keys are still active and have not expired. I made sure of this. Also, every tab under "Analytics Builder" gives this red message.

api1.PNGapi2.PNGapp keysapp keys

@justinoberle ,

Can you click on "Settings" under builder, and see if the Adapter is connected?

I have responded to your DM, and will reach out to the DevZone support team to review your instance.

Regards,

Neel

I think the AnalyticsServer_Thing is the issue, however, it is connected. here is an image.

api4.PNG

@justinoberle ,

As this appears to be an issue with the VM/Infrastructure, I have referred this issue to the DevZone team to triage further as you and I do not have access to the image directly.

If you are on a short time line, I would recommend creating a new instance, or download the trial edition local install to continue your evaluation.

https://developer.thingworx.com/resources/trials

As soon as I have more information, I will let you know.

Regards,

Neel

Thanks Neel. Unfortunately my computer cannot handle the downloaded version so I have to use the cloud version. I will await your reply. Thanks.

@justinoberle ,

I would then recommend you creating a new instance to continue your evaluation, as I cannot provide a timeline on a fix from the DevZone Support team at this time.

Regards,

Neel

nsampat
17-Peridot
(To:nsampat)

@justinoberle ,

I've just heard back from the DevZone Team, and they have indicated they have fixed the issue.

Can you check on the instance you were using again?

Regards,

Neel

Awesome! it is fixed. Thanks for the quick response and actions.

@justinoberle ,

You are welcome, I'm glad you are able to use the instance again.

For added solution to other users that may encounter this issue, to reach out directly to the DevZone Support Team in the future, you can use their email located under the Community > Need Help? link on the Developer Zone homepage:

nsampat_0-1600888175022.png

Also, thank you for marking this thread with "Solution Accepted".

Regards,

Neel

Top Tags