cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Upgrade to Thingworx 8.2.5 Errors

MariusB
7-Bedrock

Upgrade to Thingworx 8.2.5 Errors

When upgrading to Thingworx 8.2.5 from 8.1.0 with MsSQL DB  I had some issues because of missing sqljdbc_auth.dll file according to the logs.

It was solved by downloading the missing sqljdbc_auth.dl file and placing it in TomcatPath\webapps\Thingworx\WEB-INF\extensions.

Could someone please confirm if it is this the case for every upgrade involving MsSQL?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:MariusB)

@MariusB thought so, thanks for confirming. 

So in that case it is something that end user need to manage themselves, like I mentioned previously this dll is not yet included. Depending on the end result of the enhancement Jira the upgrade guide will be updated accordingly. Until then if the end user is enabling Integrated security, then all of the additional files are to be managed by the end user.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
supandey
19-Tanzanite

Hi @MariusB was the previous system configured for MS SQL Integrated security, i.e. to allow OS users to authenticate instead of putting username/password in the platform-settings.json file ?

Hi @supandey it was not configured as far as I know.

supandey
19-Tanzanite

I have had an enhancement Jira filed for this, which is still open so I don't think we have this by default in that folder . Noted this in the article here

I don't see this OOTB neither in 8.1 nor in 8.2

Hi @supandey as an update the system has the Integrated Security activated.

Best regards,

Marius

supandey
19-Tanzanite

@MariusB thought so, thanks for confirming. 

So in that case it is something that end user need to manage themselves, like I mentioned previously this dll is not yet included. Depending on the end result of the enhancement Jira the upgrade guide will be updated accordingly. Until then if the end user is enabling Integrated security, then all of the additional files are to be managed by the end user.

Thank you very much @supandey for the support.

Best regards,

Marius

Top Tags