cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Using the same service twice without importing it twice.

martingalaz
1-Newbie

Using the same service twice without importing it twice.

I have a service that I need to use n times in the mashup composer, I can import it n times but I don't find this scalable, this service return a string and receives a string parameter, is there a way to use it just after the first thing was used?

4 REPLIES 4
adam11
5-Regular Member
(To:martingalaz)

Hi Martin,

When is the Service being executed? For example, do you intend to select from a list of Things and execute the Service based on the Thing that is currently selected?

There is a Mashup parameter that is an input to the service, this service is a customized version of the GetFileListingWithLinks but only return a row and the link, with that I feed an image widget, the problem is that after feeding that I need to feed another image widget but with another resulting link, and I import the same service twice in order to make it work, is there anyway that inmediately after executing the service I order the execution again with another parameter and set the otp data to other image widget?

adam11
5-Regular Member
(To:martingalaz)

Martin,

Would it be possible to modify your Service? For example, if your Service returned more than one row, you could use the Repeater widget to repeat a Mashup containing the Image widget. If you could elaborate on your use case further, that would be helpful.

Thanks,

Adam

I don't see useful the repeater as long as I won't be putting the image widget in the same part of the mash, so I was thinking more about something like, changing the parameters on the fly.

Top Tags