cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Validator Widget Alternatives?

bmehringer
12-Amethyst

Validator Widget Alternatives?

All,

I am starting to get into more complex Mashup activity and certain things to to happen based on certain conditions or certain events.  For example, we use a single mashup that can take on different context based on a selected "station".  If the station is "StationA", then I need a popup to display.  If the station is "StationB", then I need a different popup, or maybe no popup and just update a label on the display.

I am able to do this with the Validator widget, but I am starting to have validator widgets all over my mashups to handle the mashup logic.  Is this normal for Thingworx mashups, or is there an alternative way to create logic around mashup behavior?  

I'd prefer to have all the logic in a service and then have that service raise certain events based on conditions, but that doesn't seem to be possible.

Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:bmehringer)

You could use the Expression Widget or if you don't mind a server side roundtrip you can create a service that brings back an infotable of results based on your inputs.

You should record your application state on the Thing as properties and have a service which accepts the State Defining Properties or it gets it from the State Properties and returns the desired mashup and title to open on the PopUp ( both properties on the Navigation Widget are bindable )

Top Tags