cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Warning! The maximum key length for a clustered index is 900 bytes - during Thingworx_9 installation

RajatBain
9-Granite

Warning! The maximum key length for a clustered index is 900 bytes - during Thingworx_9 installation

While executing "thingworxMssqlSchemaSetup.bat" file during the installation of Thingworx 9.1, I am getting this below warning,

Warning! The maximum key length for a clustered index is 900 bytes. The index 'data_table_indexes_pkey' has maximum length of 902 bytes. For some combination of large values, the insert/update operation will fail.

Can anyone please describe me what this is about and what problems I have to face in future and how to resolve it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

2 REPLIES 2

As per information provided in help center this is an expected warning, so I think it can be ignored. Refer link below

https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/platform/r9/en/index.html#page/ThingWorx/Help/Composer/DataStorage/PersistenceProviders/mssql_database_setup_for_thingworx_windows.html

Thanks @SachinSharma  for your response. 

I get that it is expected. I was hoping if anyone could explain me what this warning actually means and if I will face any issue in future.

Thanks,

Top Tags