cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webframe X-Frame-Options "SAMEORIGIN" Error

shaffere
Participant

Webframe X-Frame-Options "SAMEORIGIN" Error

There are a few things mentioned on this site about this "SAMEORIGIN" error along with suggested fixes.  But the easiest fix I have found is when entering the URL, add the following parameter ("?rs:embed=true") (without parens and quotes, of course).  You should then be able to open URLs within the Webframe widget.  Your URL should then read something like https://my.domain.com/myreport?rs:embed-true&otherparams=asneeded.

I ran across this when attempting to pull down a report from SSRS into ThingWorx.  The on-screen error was not helpful at all (On-screen rror message:  <URL> refused to connect).  But when I opened Developer Tools, I saw the full error (“Refused to display <  URL > in a frame because it set ‘X-Frame-Options’ to ‘sameorigin’ ”).  Adding the above parameter allowed the report to open very easily, and then you can then print a full paginated report from within ThingWorx from SSRS.

E. Shaffer

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1

Re: Webframe X-Frame-Options "SAMEORIGIN" Error

Hi @shaffere.

Thank you for sharing this information.  We appreciate your participation on the community!

Regards.

--Sharon

Announcements

Check out the upcoming Expert Session: Understanding ThingWorx Navigate Licensing in Community "Customer Events" section.