cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

What is the best way to migrate data from Kepserver EX6 Datalogger to Thingworx

Billy
5-Regular Member

What is the best way to migrate data from Kepserver EX6 Datalogger to Thingworx

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for some knowledge and advice here.  Right now my team is logging data from machines using Kepserver EX6 and its Datalogger feature with the goal of migrating it to our Thingworx server.  We have other Thingworx server and I know it has the import/export feature but I am not sure if this works with data from Datalogger.  Also I do not know if Kepserver has an export feature to allow exporting data to Thingworx seamlessly.  Is there an export feature in Kepserver Datalogger?

Lastly (and I know this is broad in scope) but currently we have one Device per Channel and then we create a new Log Group with each device and log all of their tags/log items in that group.  Is that a industry best practice?  Considering I want to migrate/import this data to Thingworx.

Thanks for your feedback!

-Billy

Ultimately I am just looking for an easy way to migrate the data into Thingworx.  

3 REPLIES 3
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:Billy)

Hi Billy,

Some helpful article - ""How to configure KEPServerEX / ThingWorx Kepware Server Data Logger plug-in to log data to relational databases"": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS274384 

Billy
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

Hey VladimirN,

I already know how to do this.  But my question is if there is a good way to take the data logged from the database and import it into Thingworx Foundation.  Like possibly import it into the Value_Stream table for the Thingworx Database.

Billy
5-Regular Member
(To:Billy)

Anyone else have any ideas?  Do I have to manually export the raw data from the database and then manually import it into Thingworx using the import/export tool in Thingworx 9.1?

Top Tags