cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

What is the storage cost for Thingworx storage provider PostgreSQL?

mtaghavi
1-Newbie

What is the storage cost for Thingworx storage provider PostgreSQL?

What is the storage cost for Thingworx storage provider PostgreSQL? Since PostgreSQL is a  open source object-relational database system that provides unlimited database size - is there any cost associated with it?

- Since postgreSQL performs well up to an estimated 500 Gb of data storage- what would be the options to consider beyond 500 GB?

5 REPLIES 5
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:mtaghavi)

Hi Mona,in my opinion the cost depends on where you are running the PostgreSQL i.e. your own local installation or hosted with PTC Cloud Service or you simply run with one of the cloud service provider.

About your other question on what's after PostgreSQL's capability you can explore the DataStax Enterprise Cassandra Integrating DSE (Cassandra)

Hope this helps.

We are running PostgreSQL as internal Persistence provider of Thingworx hosted by ptc - what would be the cost model for this ?

Also if we need to to switch over to  CASSANDRA- what is the cost model for that?

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Mona, sorry I am not aware of that, have you tried reaching out to Sales on this already? Let me know if you haven't got required details from Sales on this.

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Mona, i have sent you a personal message please check for detail and let me know if you need further help.

Top Tags