cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

What to use for a home Screen without Manufacturing Apps

MG_9567080
6-Contributor

What to use for a home Screen without Manufacturing Apps

We are setting up a new instance of ThingWorx, but this time without the Manufacturing Apps, so we no longer have PTC.FactoryConsole which was a place for users to see all the mashups they had access to. Is there a new prebuilt solution that can handle this, or what would be the best way to achieve something similar? 

Running 9.4.1 on prem

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SebB
12-Amethyst
(To:MG_9567080)

Here are two other approaches you could look at:

The current ThingWorx Apps (CWC, AMU, RTTPM) also have a similar landing page, but the implementation is different. They are using SQL tables that have the menu configuration stored, what makes the implementation relative complex. Each menu item can have a ThingWorx user group assigned what allows for permission management.

Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 3.29.45 PM.png

The second approach is the out of the box functionality of Building Blocks. Building Blocks are a development method in ThingWorx and their are some common Building Blocks developed by PTC R&D and used by solutions like DPM. Those common building blocks can be used as base for a new solution and have a build in menu management functionality. However the out of the box UI is not a landing page but much more a sidebar menu.

building_blocks_hc.1.203.1.jpg

Here is a link to the Building Block help center page:

https://support.ptc.com/help/building_blocks/r1.2/en/index.html#page/bb/building_blocks/Welcome.html#

Seb
Principal Solution Experience Architect
PTC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I also like that concept, and I suggest looking at the implementation of that mashup in Mfg Apps, then replicating it on your own.

That part, even if it was part of Manufacturing Apps, I would consider a best-practice type of (entry mashup?) and I'd do it on my own, then reuse wherever needed.

I have 99% replicated the manufacturing apps home screen. The issue I am facing is there is 1 .jar file (sco-AppHomePage-extension.jar) that has an issue in regards to the Manufacturing apps no longer working on 9.4.1. When I try to import it, I get this error: "signed extension file does not match digests". 

Ah, yes, the signing change from Java 11.0.17. Downgrade to a lower version of Java if possible (https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/platform/r9/en/#page/ThingWorx/Help/Release_Notes/FixedIssues/Known_Issues_in_ThingWorx_Platform_9_4_0.html#).

I am on 11.0.16.9.1 and I am still getting the error. Even so, that is just a short term fix because later versions of ThingWorx may require a higher version. I would like to have a long term solution. 

SebB
12-Amethyst
(To:MG_9567080)

Here are two other approaches you could look at:

The current ThingWorx Apps (CWC, AMU, RTTPM) also have a similar landing page, but the implementation is different. They are using SQL tables that have the menu configuration stored, what makes the implementation relative complex. Each menu item can have a ThingWorx user group assigned what allows for permission management.

Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 3.29.45 PM.png

The second approach is the out of the box functionality of Building Blocks. Building Blocks are a development method in ThingWorx and their are some common Building Blocks developed by PTC R&D and used by solutions like DPM. Those common building blocks can be used as base for a new solution and have a build in menu management functionality. However the out of the box UI is not a landing page but much more a sidebar menu.

building_blocks_hc.1.203.1.jpg

Here is a link to the Building Block help center page:

https://support.ptc.com/help/building_blocks/r1.2/en/index.html#page/bb/building_blocks/Welcome.html#

Seb
Principal Solution Experience Architect
PTC
Top Tags