cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Which openJDK version is supported for Thingworx 9.3.7

AB_9394087
4-Participant

Which openJDK version is supported for Thingworx 9.3.7

Hello,

My customer would like to change Java to openJDK on Thingworx platform 9.3.7.

Could you help me to find the OpenJDK version this platform can support .

Thank you in advance.

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You need to scroll to the JDK-Server OS. I'm usually not pasting screenshots because I want to force users to familiarize with the tool, but I do see that there are lots of sections in there.

But again, be very careful when saying OpenJDK. That JDK version we do NOT support. What we support is the Amazon Coretto, which is NOT pure OpenJDK.

VladimirRosu_0-1717763722454.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

"ThingWorx Foundation 9.3.7.0 Release Matrix": https://release-advisor.ptc.com/releaseMatrix?releaseId=1350 

The link provided in the other post is correct, but I'm adding a bit more context: any software requirements for a specific release of ThingWorx are maintained in the Release Advisor app, where you can select your product, then a specific version.

The same thing is stated also in the ThingWorx Help Center, available here: "Release Advisor is the primary source for system requirements and compatibility information for all PTC products".

Maybe adding on top of the required Java version that's there, is the fact that as providers we do not support pure OpenJDK (I'm referring to the one here), just Amazon Corretto (that is NOT the same as OpenJDK, even if it has in the name that) and Oracle JVM.

Hi,

Thank you for your return.

If I refer to this article (https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS288994?source=search ), it is said that thingworx supports OpenJDK and Amazon Corretto. I would like to know if OpenJDK21 is supported.

There are two different topics here:

1. OpenJDK was not supported even in the past - I was surprised to see that statement in the article and I submitted feedback to be changed.
  2. Whether OpenJDK is supported in 9.3.7 - for that, the answer is provided in @VladimirN 's reply - did you access that page?

Yes, I have access to the page, but I can't find the information.

I know that thingworx supports OpenJDK11 so I will test for openJDK21.

Thanks.

You need to scroll to the JDK-Server OS. I'm usually not pasting screenshots because I want to force users to familiarize with the tool, but I do see that there are lots of sections in there.

But again, be very careful when saying OpenJDK. That JDK version we do NOT support. What we support is the Amazon Coretto, which is NOT pure OpenJDK.

VladimirRosu_0-1717763722454.png

Thank you for your reply, it's very clear. I hadn't understood that PTC didn't guarantee functioning with OpenJDK.
Thank you for your availability and responsiveness.

Best Regards

Top Tags