cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

While installing Eclipse Plugin for ThingWorx Extension getting error

skumar-61
4-Participant

While installing Eclipse Plugin for ThingWorx Extension getting error

Hi,

After downloading plugin from ThingWorx marketplace when I am trying to install it on eclipse. Getting below error:

"Missing requirement: ThingWorx Extension Builder 7.2.0.201608021836 (com.thingworx.eclipse.extension.feature.feature.group 7.2.0.201608021836) requires error while installing Eclipse Plugin for ThingWorx Extension"

Eclipse Plugin for ThingWorx Error.JPG

Can anyone help on this ?

Regards,

Sunil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:skumar-61)

Your version of Eclipse is too old, please note the requirements state a minimum Mars is needed to use the plugin. Please try upgrading the Eclipse and let us know if it doesn't resolve the issue. Thank you!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
posipova
20-Turquoise

What is your eclipse version? Do you have IDE /EE?

What are the components you downloaded and how are you trying to install it?

skumar-61
4-Participant
(To:posipova)

Hi Polina,

Yes I have Eclipse Java EE IDE.

Eclipse Version: Kepler Service Release 2

First I downloaded 'Eclipse Plugin for ThingWorx Extensions zip' file from ThingWorx marketplace.

After downloading this extension I am following below steps:

1. Selecting 'Install New Software' option under Help menu, Install screen appear.

2. Clicking on Add and added downloaded 'Eclipse Plugin for ThingWorx Extensions zip' file.

3. Selecting ThingWorx Extension Builder after deselecting the 'Group items by category' checkbox and Click NEXT...

4. After clicking Next it takes few minutes and throw the above mentioned error.

posipova
20-Turquoise

Your version of Eclipse is too old, please note the requirements state a minimum Mars is needed to use the plugin. Please try upgrading the Eclipse and let us know if it doesn't resolve the issue. Thank you!

skumar-61
4-Participant
(To:posipova)

I upgraded Eclipse version 'Neon Release (4.6.0)' and it is working now. Thanks Polina

posipova
20-Turquoise

Great to hear!

Working fine with Eclipse JEE NEON version with mention version TWE.

Hi Sai Kumar,

I got the same issue, You can resolve it by Go to Available software Sites and select all available softwares then OK then proceed.

I solved the same problem like this.

regards,

madhuupload.PNG

skumar-61
4-Participant
(To:mnalla)

I was using older version of Eclipse, issue has been resolved after upgrading Eclipse to 'Neon Release (4.6.0)' version. Thanks Madhu for your reply.

Top Tags