cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Why I can log in ThingWorx, but I can not ping the ip of ThingWorx.

dliang
1-Newbie

Why I can log in ThingWorx, but I can not ping the ip of ThingWorx.

I can log in ThingWorx.I also can ping 8.8.8.8.But I can't ping the ip of ThingWorx. I want to know the reason.

3 REPLIES 3
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:dliang)

Hi Dongsheng, what sort of IP is 8.8.8.8? Could you please elaborate what exactly you attempting to do. Is this a trial/hosted version of ThingWorx? Are you attempting to ping the instance which is hosting the ThingWorx instance?

I have a device, through the 3G network access public network, 8.8.8.8 is a public network ip, I can ping it. Prove that my device can connect to the public network. I now want to connect my device to Thingworx, so I want to check if the device is able to connect to Thingworx through the public network. I use the method of ping Thingworx ip address check, but found unable to ping. I am able to log in to Thingworx to indicate that I can connect to Thingworx through the public network. I suspect you have set a ban on ping

supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:dliang)

Thank you for adding further detail. Is this instance hosted by you, or is it a trial instance? For checking this initial connectivity I'd say you can create a simple REST call from your device to your ThingWorx instance and see if you are able to connect to a particular Thing in ThingWorx.

For sample REST call you could check this blog REST API Overview and Examples

Top Tags