cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Wiki Page text only appears for the user who created it.

marcusbarrozo
11-Garnet

Wiki Page text only appears for the user who created it.

In my client's project, I put a wiki for general use:
1) I created a "Wiki Thing";
2) I created a mashup, put a "wiki widget" and binding to the thing using the "Wiki" property;
3) A user creates a page called "Ola" and inserts a text on it (fig Wiki1);
4) Another user (with the same permissions as the user who created the "page") can only see the title of the page, not the text. (fig Wiki2).
Question: Is there a step that I have not taken or do I need to release a service from the thing so that other users can see the entire page published?
Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

For the benefit of others on the community, R&D responded with the following:

You need to set AddOrUpdateWikiPage per wiki entity. If you create 2 new wiki entities called wiki1 and wiki2, you need to add permissions specifically on those two, instead of adding on the collection. If the customer has a custom service that creates these wiki entities, this permissions addition need to be part of the same service for whatever entity they created.

AddComments service can be added on the collection since everyone needs access to that service to add comments.

@marcusbarrozo, if you agree this is the solution, please mark this post as the Accepted Solution.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @marcusbarrozo.

I saw that you opened a case for this post, so I will monitor that case and post the solution here once the solution is known.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

For the benefit of others on the community, R&D responded with the following:

You need to set AddOrUpdateWikiPage per wiki entity. If you create 2 new wiki entities called wiki1 and wiki2, you need to add permissions specifically on those two, instead of adding on the collection. If the customer has a custom service that creates these wiki entities, this permissions addition need to be part of the same service for whatever entity they created.

AddComments service can be added on the collection since everyone needs access to that service to add comments.

@marcusbarrozo, if you agree this is the solution, please mark this post as the Accepted Solution.

Regards.

--Sharon

I'm sorry but other tasks with a higher priority than this haven't allowed me to pay attention to this one yet.

As soon as possible I will do it. I will let you know when this happens.

If you need to end this activity, you can do it. I reopen or make a new one later.

Thank you for your attention.

Regards,

Marcus
Top Tags