cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Write value on KepServerEX tag from Thingworx, is it possible?

VCortes2203
5-Regular Member

Write value on KepServerEX tag from Thingworx, is it possible?

Is there a way that I can write a value on a KepServerEX tag from Thingworx?. for example, I need to change a boolean tag of KepServerEX, but I need it to change from a Thingworx mashup using a checkbox widget. This value will change the internal logic of KepServerEX.

Thanks.

Valeria.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:VCortes2203)

You can do this as long as the tag is read/write

If you are using KepEX and have it connected to an industrial connection and then mapped to an industrial thing, that two way communication should happen automatically when you update the property value.

Just keep in mind, if you are writing to a tag to which Kepserver writes as well, you may get some undesired behavior of overwrites.

So usually these types of tags are for setpoints or configuration if you are writing to them from ThingWorx.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:VCortes2203)

You can do this as long as the tag is read/write

If you are using KepEX and have it connected to an industrial connection and then mapped to an industrial thing, that two way communication should happen automatically when you update the property value.

Just keep in mind, if you are writing to a tag to which Kepserver writes as well, you may get some undesired behavior of overwrites.

So usually these types of tags are for setpoints or configuration if you are writing to them from ThingWorx.

VCortes2203
5-Regular Member
(To:PaiChung)

Ok ok, now I understand. I use the same connection to read a value from KepServerEx, now, instead to read the value, I have to set the value. I was thinking that it has to be in a different way

Thanks @PaiChung

Top Tags