cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-Axis labels are cut off on Label Chart

rflanagan
Participant

X-Axis labels are cut off on Label Chart

I've found that the X-Axis labels are often cut off on the right hand side of a Label Chart.  Is there a way to fix this to show the full value?  It should show 400 in the chart below.  I'm on version 7.2.5.-b56.

labelcut.PNG

6 REPLIES 6

Re: X-Axis labels are cut off on Label Chart

I'm interested too

I know this doesn't really answer your question, but have you tried the new chart widgets available on the marketplace? I find they render much more nicely than the old chart widgets: https://marketplace.thingworx.com/tools/custom-chart-widget

as for the old chart widgets, the best bet is the xaxisLabelRotation property to rotate the label until it is in view.

Hi James, yes it renders better, but has a low less features than the standard ones...

(Also we have the standard ones customized to support TimeZone )

I found a quasi-solution for time series charts and label charts with a vertical chart orientation.  If you add a secondary Y axis and clear out the secondary Y axis formatting, you get some extra label space on the right.  It doesn't work with the horizontal label chart above but has fixed my other charts.

labels.PNG

Adding a legend to the right hand side with a cleared format helps for horizontal label charts like above (assuming you don't need the legend!).

Hi, 

It can be rectified by adding the Longest X-Axis Label to X-Axis Format. It worked for me. 

Regards,

Manirajan.V

Announcements

Check out the upcoming Expert Session: Understanding ThingWorx Navigate Licensing in Community "Customer Events" section.