cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

bind tree widget without network connection

spandey1
1-Newbie

bind tree widget without network connection

i have added above columns, but i don't want to use connections like-

connections = Networks['NetwrokName"'].GetNetworkConnectionsWithTemplate();

i have a simple data table where i have added three columns- "from","to", "connectionType".

after querying i am getting data. but while binding with tree, i don't see any data in tree.

Note : i have tried with network connections, then tree is populated, but i don't want to bind network data, simply i want to display some data in tree view. so is there anyway where i can achieve binding tree view without getting network connection.

My tree has nothing to do with network connection, it simply need to bind data based on parent value like -

ClassroomA

-A

-B

-C

ClassroomB

-D

-E

-F

Regards,

Sandeep

3 REPLIES 3
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:spandey1)

The Tree widget is fairly picky, so do an output of a Network take a look at how that is structured.

you'll note it always starts with a top node that has the To but no From

and then the children under that in order, before switching to the next top node.

So if you mimic that structure, and then make sure you configure the properties of the Tree Widget appropriately, you should be fine.

AnnaAn
13-Aquamarine
(To:spandey1)

Sandeep,

As an example, you could create a DataTable, and give data like on left:

pic1.png

Then you could set configuration in the Tree widget as:

pic2.png

Finally when you run the mashup, the Tree widget will load the data properly(as shown on top right picture). make sure that you have the the parentIs properly set which should be the id of its parents' Labelfield, and the leave the root node's parentId as "root" or something, and finally set it in the Tree widget configuration in accordance.

Hope this helps.

Br,

Anna

hi,

which service needs to be called in this case.

Top Tags