cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

can't connect Foundation and Kepware server

NN_9640323
6-Contributor

can't connect Foundation and Kepware server

Hello, 

I have followed this guide : https://developer.thingworx.com/en/resources/guides/connect-kepware-server-thingworx-guide/connect-foundation

I can't connect Kepware with Foundation. 

Kepware logs tell that the host could not be resolved. 

I have the trial version of Fundation. 

"Error ThingWorx Native Interface Connection to ThingWorx failed. | Platform = pp-2009221255A9.devportal.ptc.io:443/Thingworx/WS, error = the host could not be resolved." 

I have no clue why. I did create an app-key, with no ip restriction, i'm HTTPS with Fundation...

cf screenshots below 

kepware.PNG

PS: i have the same problem connecting Fundation to Azure. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NN_9640323
6-Contributor
(To:slangley)

Hello, 

Thank you for your fast answer. 

After trying everything else, i tried to switch from my company laptop to my personal computer and guess what... it works ! 

My guess is that the firewall configured by my company was blocking the connection ! 

Thnak you very much ! 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:NN_9640323)

HI @NN_9640323.

Since you're connecting to a trial instance, there may be some restrictions that would prevent you from being able to connect--possibly even on your side at the server/network where your Kepware is located.

However, I noticed you have the setting "Disable Encryption" as "No".  Change this to "Yes" and see if anything changes.  If not, please provide the version of ThingWorx and Kepware you are running.

Regards.

--Sharon

NN_9640323
6-Contributor
(To:slangley)

Hello, 

Thank you for your fast answer. 

After trying everything else, i tried to switch from my company laptop to my personal computer and guess what... it works ! 

My guess is that the firewall configured by my company was blocking the connection ! 

Thnak you very much ! 

Top Tags