cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

creating multiple user login in thingworx and to provide them permissions?

Sheetal_sable
12-Amethyst

creating multiple user login in thingworx and to provide them permissions?

Hi,

My default user login is  "Administrator". I want to create multiple user logins with different credentials(eg. User-Sheetal password-Sheetal@1234567). And how can i give permissions to access them.

I have created user, also organization and assigned user in organization. What should i do next?

How can i do it?

Thanks,

Sheetal Sable

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi, the multi-user login creates different sessions, the permission for each login only depends on the User you used. So configure the User permissions carefully would grant them different access.

The Organization gives Users 2 rights:

1. Visibility permission to entities

2. FormLogin access to Home Mashup of the Organization.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Permissions in Thingworx fall into three categories

Design Time - What can you do with the model itself / Developers

Runtime - What can you do within the model / End users

Visiblity - What of the model can I work with

I highly recommend you take the courses that include security modules because it is very granular and specific.

also here is the help on it: http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_8_hc/en/index.html#page/ThingWorx%2FHelp%2FComposer%2FSecurity%2FSecurity.html

Hi, the multi-user login creates different sessions, the permission for each login only depends on the User you used. So configure the User permissions carefully would grant them different access.

The Organization gives Users 2 rights:

1. Visibility permission to entities

2. FormLogin access to Home Mashup of the Organization.

Hi @Sheetal_sable.

If one of the previous responses answered your question, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags