cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

datashape changing dynamic

svisveswaraiya
17-Peridot

datashape changing dynamic

Hi,

Whenever a datashape is created from a sql query it becomes static. If I make any changes in the query like adding a new column or removing I have to again create a new datashape. But is it possible that the datashape becomes dynamic and adjusts according to the query whenever it is changed?

Thanks,

Shalini V.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The output of a service as defined can only have one DataShape (only System Services can have "Dynamic DataShapes" to be shown on Mashups - for instance QueryImplementingThings or GetProperties services), but you can always output any amount of columns (dynamic) out of a services ignoring the defined DataShape.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

The output of a service as defined can only have one DataShape (only System Services can have "Dynamic DataShapes" to be shown on Mashups - for instance QueryImplementingThings or GetProperties services), but you can always output any amount of columns (dynamic) out of a services ignoring the defined DataShape.

Hi CarlesColl,

Thanks for your quick response. 

Do you mean I can output any number of columns and create datashape from the respective output?

You can output any number of columns yes, you don't need to create a specific DataShape if it's dynamic.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:CarlesColl)

Hi @svisveswaraiya

If one of the responses from @CarlesColl answered your question, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags