cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

error JavaException: com.thingworx.common.exceptions.InvalidRequestException: Thing already exists

MA_9708366
4-Participant

error JavaException: com.thingworx.common.exceptions.InvalidRequestException: Thing already exists

Last Friday, I deleted a scheduler thing named greenhouseSimulator2_Mixing_Scheduler via Composer. Today, I want to create a scheduler thing with the same name using a service inside greenhouseSimulator2 thing, but this error appears:

greenhouseSimulator2 CreateMixingThing error JavaException: com.thingworx.common.exceptions.InvalidRequestException: Thing [greenhouseSimulator2_Mixing_Scheduler] already exists

But if I try to search the greenhouseSimulator2_Mixing_Scheduler via the search bar, there is nothing (it should be like that because I already deleted it before).

I try to delete using the DeleteThing service from EntityServices but ThingWorx can not find the entity (it should be like that because I already deleted it before).

14fa662f-5f78-4989-ab54-1eef7d977de0.jpg

I wonder how I can solve this. I already did these things and all were failed to solve this problem:

1. Restarted the Azure VM containing the ThingWorx server

2. Restarted the Apache Tomcat from Windows Services

3. Deleted all history, caches, and cookies from the browser I used

I hope anyone can help me solve this problem.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tdixit
13-Aquamarine
(To:MA_9708366)

Hi @MA_9708366 

Thank you for reaching out to PTC.

This might have been happened due to the creation of Ghost entities in the ThingWorx.

In order to identify the Ghost entities and later delete those entities.

Please check this Help Center link and check this article  too

Regards,

Toolika Dixit

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
tdixit
13-Aquamarine
(To:MA_9708366)

Hi @MA_9708366 

Thank you for reaching out to PTC.

This might have been happened due to the creation of Ghost entities in the ThingWorx.

In order to identify the Ghost entities and later delete those entities.

Please check this Help Center link and check this article  too

Regards,

Toolika Dixit

Top Tags