cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

extension

AP_9587236
17-Peridot

extension

Some extensions are imported in my thingworx composer. Any options available to export those extensions to import it in another server ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
yhan
17-Peridot
(To:AP_9587236)

Please use below attached PDFExtension.zip, it has been imported successfully in my environment. As we talked about previously, the metadata.xml should be at the root folder of the zip file.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
yhan
17-Peridot

No need to export, you can get all extensions from this path: \ThingworxStorage\extensions. Remove the .chk file first – then zip the remaining files and import that to a new instance (CS321263)

AP_9587236
17-Peridot
(To:yhan)

While importing Extension it showing error >> Error [authenticating connection], Server websocket will be closed. cause: Missing application key!

But the applicationkey is present

yhan
17-Peridot

Could you tell me the steps for how you import the extension, like below?

1. zip the extension folder

2. Visit the thingworx home page > import > import extension

3. It said import failed

4. Visit monitoring > application log > check the error 

Am I right? If so, I'm afraid its not the exact error message about import failure.

AP_9587236
17-Peridot

I found this error. Invalid request: com.thingworx.common.exceptions.InvalidRequestException: Entity Import Not Supported for File Type: .zip

yhan
17-Peridot

Please choose Extension as the import Option

6-29-2021 3-12-22 PM.jpg

AP_9587236
17-Peridot

[context: Extension Exception][message: Extension must have a metadata.xml file.]

but the xml file is there. 

yhan
17-Peridot

Could you make a screenshot of the zip file structure and provide the metadata.xml? please also notice that the metadata.xml file should be at the root of the zip file.

AP_9587236
17-Peridot

Kindly view this attached file

yhan
17-Peridot

Please use below attached PDFExtension.zip, it has been imported successfully in my environment. As we talked about previously, the metadata.xml should be at the root folder of the zip file.

AP_9587236
17-Peridot

PDFExtension imported successfully. And tried to import project through source control. The import is failed and the errors are

1. Import Entities error: java.lang.Exception: Import Failed: Unable to create thing: XXXXX : [1,018] Data store unknown error: [Error occurred while accessing the model provider.]

2. *** Failed to reinitailize original entity Administrator (of type Users): {}

3. [message: [1,018] Data store unknown error: [Error occurred while accessing the model provider.]]

4. Unable to process import: Unable to create thing: XXXXX : [1,018] Data store unknown error: [Error occurred while accessing the model provider.]

If you have any idea please let me know. 

yhan
17-Peridot

According to the error message, it seems the Target DB (database) cannot be accessed/operated when creating the imported thing in the target Thingworx. Please check if you can create a new thing manually.

By the way, If you feel your question has been answered, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

AP_9587236
17-Peridot

Okay. Before migrating project from server to server, I moved all extensions first. Few of the extensions shown warnings that it is deprecated during import. It will cause any problem?? 

Top Tags