cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

getImplement Things vs getImplement Thingswithdata

JackEom
14-Alexandrite

getImplement Things vs getImplement Thingswithdata

hi I study thingworx mashup

I'm confused about what's different between getImplement Things and getImplement Thingswithdata.

I know a little of the diffence. but I want to know more.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:JackEom)

The first service retrieves just the base information of the Things related to a ThingTemplate

The second also retrieves all the Thing Properties and their Values.

So if you just need a list of the Things (Entities/Assets) and you drill down from there, use the first one because it is a lot less expensive.

If you have very static information, you can use the second one and load all necessary information at once and use SelectedRow to show the drill down (vs. something like GetProperties/GetPropertyValues based on a selected Thing)

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:JackEom)

The first service retrieves just the base information of the Things related to a ThingTemplate

The second also retrieves all the Thing Properties and their Values.

So if you just need a list of the Things (Entities/Assets) and you drill down from there, use the first one because it is a lot less expensive.

If you have very static information, you can use the second one and load all necessary information at once and use SelectedRow to show the drill down (vs. something like GetProperties/GetPropertyValues based on a selected Thing)

Hope that helps.

Top Tags