cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

how to auto refresh property value in remote thing

HT_10283183
7-Bedrock

how to auto refresh property value in remote thing

We have established a connection with opcua via Kepserver and we created a industrial thing and from that we created a remote thing. After creating remote thing if we press refresh the data use to be updated.I connected the thing to Label widget in vuforia studio there also the real time data was available.

But after doing all this if I click the save button of remote thing once more it will stop the data pushing into studio and also data refreshing. I got the error in kepserver as shown in image. (error pushing property updates to thing). even i tried by writing services still the thing is not refreshing. If we create new remote thing it will work fine until I press a save button on second time. Is there any solution to overcome this problem. Help will be appreciated.

kepscr.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
wcui
14-Alexandrite
(To:HT_10283183)

When you clicked Save button of the industrial thing, the entity will be retarted hence date push requests from Kewpare will be rejected during the restart. That's why you saw "Error pushing property updates to Thing|Thing name ='sati_gwq'" on Kepware side. 

However, once entity restart is done, TW should be able to handle date push requests from Kewpare, so you can see the "Resumed pushing property updates to thing: the error condition was resolved. | Thing name ='sati_gwq'" info message which was 1 second after above warning message.

This is work to designed specifation.

wcui_0-1690855960618.png

Was the data refreshing restored automaticlly soon after click Save button? if not, please upload your industrial thing entity here so we can have a further check.

Thank you  for response.

once kepserver resume we can access data in industrial thing, but not in remote thing. The auto refresh pauses whenever we click save button.

Here is file, you can check this.

wcui
14-Alexandrite

I think you are saying, once kepserver resume the Industrial Connection entity(ukmh) is connected and acquire data but the Industrial Thing entity is disconnected and fail to acquire data. Right?

Can you try remove then reconfigure the IndustrialThing property of Industrial Thing entity ? it is an inherited property of IndustrialThingShape.

wcui_0-1690975141884.png

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @HT_10283183.

What version of ThingWorx and KEPServer are you running?  What push method are you using?

Also, what is the Start Type set to on the properties?  This could be causing a race condition following a restart depending on how it's set.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags