cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

how to avoid milliseconds while using query named property history service

Sruthi
14-Alexandrite

how to avoid milliseconds while using query named property history service

I have two properties voltage and current for which data is coming from kepware for every second. based on this i need to calculate the power. So i wrote a subscription with input as any data change event(for current and voltage)then multiplied current and voltage there and stored it in a property called power. 

now when i "query named property history" for current and voltage i got the result as values updated in seconds difference but when i query for power it gives me result updated in milliseconds. For all the three properties the data change type is Always.

I have attached the screenshots of the result.

6 REPLIES 6
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:Sruthi)

Hi @Sruthi 

Not sure I understand your point, both screenshots show time down to milliseconds.

However if you want to change the format of the time it seems you can't do it from the service directly but you can configure it if you use the output in a grid in a mashup for example (under Configure Grid Columns)

See https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS311654

Regards

Christophe

Sruthi
14-Alexandrite
(To:cmorfin)

Actually, if you see in the first picture I got updated values for the same second.  For 12:24:33 second I got many records with the same value. Instead of this, I need my updated values for every 1 second or at different seconds like one value at 12:24:33, next value(can be same as previous) at 12:24:34, next value(can be same as previous) at 12:24:35, etc.

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

@Sruthi 

Thank you for the explanation I did not understand well initially.

From the screenshots it is difficult to make a statement, especially because they do not show the data at the same timestamp. Can you check the history of current and voltage on 26th Feb 2020 between 12:20 and 12:30 ... just to make sure the frequency of incoming data at the time.

Also you mention data comes in every sec, but looking at the screenshot for Current, that does not look the case, it is coming very irregular interval.
Could be useful to give details/screenshots of:

- the subscription definition

- the current, voltage and power properties' attributes and advance attribute (to see push/pull parameters)

- screenshot of Current Power and voltage history all at the same timestamp

Thanks

Christophe

Sruthi
14-Alexandrite
(To:cmorfin)

sharing here the screen shots asked. Also, it is fine if i get the data at a regular interval(as in screen shots of current and voltage) instead of every one second. But i don't need multiple same data for timestamp with the same second(as in screen shot of power).

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi @Sruthi 

Could you send the screenshot for the properties definition from within the Thing not the Thing template ?

Show also all the properties that may exist at the Thing level.

I am expecting to see some binding attribtues to since you indicated receiving value from Kepware, is that not the case ?

Thank you

Christophe

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Sruthi.

If you have found a solution to your issue, please post it here for the benefit of others on the community.  If you are still struggling to find a solution, please respond to the previous post from Christophe.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags