cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

how to change color of text/background of items in list/grid dynamically?

charan
6-Contributor

how to change color of text/background of items in list/grid dynamically?

hi all,

let me explain my use case,i have three list, list-A contains all the names of students in class, list-B contains names of students present and list-c contains the names of students absent. traditionally we can show two list to differentiate present students and absent students. but i want to show it in one list by color coding, have the text/background for present names as 'green' and absent names as 'red'.

use case.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:charan)

State Based Definitions is either based on Numerical Range or based on a Match that match setup can be numerical or string.

http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_8_hc/en/#page/ThingWorx%2FHelp%2FComposer%2FVisualization%2FStyleandStateDefinitions.html

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Have you tried using State Based Definitions? I think that should work.

What you can do in the service that provides the data, you can derive what 'state' a particular entry needs to be and trigger your State Based Definitions on that.

charan
6-Contributor
(To:PaiChung)

hi PaiChung,

i am new to this platform and technology,

state based definition takes in only numeric value and i am trying to compare it with a text/string.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

State Based Definitions is either based on Numerical Range or based on a Match that match setup can be numerical or string.

http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_8_hc/en/#page/ThingWorx%2FHelp%2FComposer%2FVisualization%2FStyleandStateDefinitions.html

Top Tags