cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

how to develop license management in thingworx

AP_9587236
17-Peridot

how to develop license management in thingworx

I have used Collection which is having seven or more mashups. Each mashup is considering as a individual department. If one department user clicked any other department mashup, it should show "permission declined". The user should be allowed only in his department mashup in collection. All these dynamic activities should be done based on the datas stored in single DataTable. Is that possible? And how to do it?

2 REPLIES 2
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:AP_9587236)

I would say yes it is possible, although usually we recommend the use of 'User Groups' and Permission settings, this then will ensure that people can't do things by just knowing the rest api or the direct mashup links, vs. just using a DataTable to determine this.

Essentially with User Groups, you can check the groups a user is part off, then verify that against a DataTable or even directly against permissions on 'something' and use a Validator/Expression/Status Message/Navigate setup to either inform the user they can't navigate there, or navigate.

To make it friendlier, you can evaluate the user group when the screen loads and disable or omit content so they won't click on those item at all.

mgoel
17-Peridot
(To:AP_9587236)

@AP_9587236 

Did you get a chance to previous response on you question. If you think that is answer of your question, please mark that accepted solution for the benefit of other community users.

Regards,

Mohit 

Top Tags