cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

how to download multiple files from Windchill and zip it using ThingWorx Navigate

aitc-plmsupport
8-Gravel

how to download multiple files from Windchill and zip it using ThingWorx Navigate

Hey guys,

I have list of documents(link) coming from windchil and want to download all at once to a folder and need to zip it.

suggestion please

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Hello,

ThingWorx Navigate has an out of the box application called "Download Drawing Bundle" which allows the user to specify a set of parts or CAD documents and then download a zip file containing drawings for the CAD documents or parts in the set. The user can also download individual drawing files for any of the parts or CAD documents.

For a given part or CAD document, the drawing that is available for download is the drawing that is associated with the latest iteration of the latest revision of the part or CAD document.

Does this sound like it would be what you are looking for?  You can access Download Drawing Bundle via the ThingWorx Navigate landing page.

Thanks,
Cassie

Not the drawing files actually, I have list of reference docs associated with a part, all displayed in a grid with hyperlink to view/download. but i woud like to download all at once by a button click.

Any posibilities?

Hello,

Thanks for the clarification, the other option available for downloading multiple files in a bundle would be to use the 'Export All' button that shows in the out of the box apps.  Here for example is the View Parts Property app: 

CS_9946173_0-1671655822704.png

For more info on which tasks will allow you to do this, see Overview of Out-of-the-Box Tasks (ptc.com) .  This link has a description of the functionality for all of the tasks.  These two options I have suggested are the only two available out of the box for downloading file bundles.

Thanks,

Cassie

Top Tags